The 2nd DAAD ALUMNI WORKSHOP ON LIFE SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
Dear friends and colleagues,
Following the success of the first DAAD Alumni workshop in combination with the International Conference on Microorganisms in 2016, we continue to hold the 2nd DAAD Alumni workshop on Life Science and Biotechnology, and this year, that merge with the International Conference on Microbiology and One Health. DAAD Alumni workshop and the conference will facilitate to update knowledge and strengthen the links between national and international scientists, thereby developing cross-disciplinary research topics to solve problems related to human health. The emphasis of this DAAD Alumni Workshop compared with the 1st one is moving from national to international regional.
Place: University of Science, Vietnam National University – Hochiminh City; address: 227 Nguyen Van Cu, Ward 4, District 5, Hochiminh City, Vietnam.
Time: September 19-22, 2018
The organizing committee for the DAAD Alumni Workshop:
PGS. TS. Nguyễn Đức Hoàng (VNUHCM-University of Science, email@example.com)
PGS. TS. Lê Hùng Anh (Industrial University of Ho-Chi-Minh City, firstname.lastname@example.org)
PGS. TS. Phan Thị Phượng Trang (VNUHCM-University of Science)
Contact: Le Thi Phuong Ngan, Email: email@example.com; Tel: 0128 525 9363.
The purpose of the workshop:
- Creating opportunities for DAAD Alumni to exchange research topics each other and with other scientists
- Establishing the German Alumni network and experts in Vietnam and ASEAN countries working in the field of life sciences and biotechnology
- Seeking opportunities for cooperation between participants and with German scientists
- Developing new collaboration with Prof. Thomas Bock (Robert Koch Institute, Germany), Prof. Kristian Mueller (Bielefeld University), and GS Wolfgang Schumann (University of Bayreuth) in the field of Molecular Biology.
Participants in the workshop:
- Professors in the field of infectious diseases (Microbiology and One Health)
- DAAD Alumni and German from Vietnam, Asian countries and from Germany working in the field of Life Science and Biotechnology
- Leaders of the University and faculties in the field
- Representatives of the DAAD, consulate general, …
- Other scientists in Life Sciences and Biotechnology (Environment, Climate Change, Materials, Agriculture, Fisheries, etc.)
- Fill in the form before 19/8/2018. Please upload the Research profile and Biography when filling the form. If there are research topics to share or search partners, please include in research profile file.
- When attending, all members have prepared a short introduction in English for about 1-2 minutes.
- Registration is free.
September 19, 2018: DAAD Alumni workshop on Life Science and Biotechnology
|7:45 – 8:30 AM||Registration|
|8:30 – 8:45 AM||Opening the DAAD Alumni workshop (remarks of representatives of the organizers, DAAD and Rector of the VNUHCM-University of Science)|
|8: 45 – 9:00 AM||Prof. Wolfgang Schumann: remarks for the 30th trips to Vietnam and collaborations|
|9:00 – 9:30 AM||Introduction of participants|
|9:30 – 10:30 AM||Group pictures, coffee break|
|10:30 – 11:00 AM||Lecture from Prof. Thomas Bock (Robert Kock Institute)|
|11:00 – 11:30 AM||Lecture from Prof. Kristian Mueller (Bielefeld University)|
|11:40 – 13:30 PM||Lunch and discussion|
|13:30 – 15:00 PM||Introduction of participant research profile/topics and topics that need for the collaboration|
|15:00 – 15:30 PM||Coffee break and discussion|
|15:30 – 16:00 PM||Mr. Thomas Speeger introduces expert-supports from SES and discussion|
|16:00 – 16:30 PM||Dr. Berndt Tilp, Information Centre Ho Chi Minh City:
DAAD funding opportunities
|16:30 – 17:00 PM||Closing the meeting and remarks for the first days for the broad topics on Life Science and Biotechnology|
|17:30 – 20:30 PM||Dinner for social activity|
September 20-21, joint activities with the conference MOH-VN 2018
- The DAAD Alumni members will join the activities with the conference MOH-VN 2018. The Alumni will participate in the sessions of the conference and will discuss each other for potential collaborations between Vietnam – ASEAN countries – Germany
- Details plan will be announced and add on the web. The program will be updated at http://moh-vn.com/#program. The accepted speakers will be shown at http://moh-vn.com/#speakers.
September 22, a tour to bring DAAD Alumni closer connections
- A one day tour to Mekong Delta: the tours will be organized in a way to promote the interactions among DAAD Alumni, German professors
Closing remarks for the series of DAAD Alumni activities looking for future networking and collaborations. We are looking forward to the 3rd DAAD Alumni Workshop on Life Science and Biotechnology with the international organizing committee and much more members to participate in the workshop.